TFP srl SB, the first amongst Italian luxury goods companies, was incorporated as a B -company which is to say that that we seek to generate profits, but in addition we aim to provide benefits to all stakeholders and the environment.
Our philosophy is to deliver high quality, mechanical automatic watches whilst seeking to protect the environment and to improve the quality of life, today and into the future.
Consequently TFP pays great attention on the one hand to the use of recycled, recyclable and eco friendly materials and on the other hand seeks to eliminate the use of harmful products such as solvents , non recyclable materials, batteries, reducing paper and pulp waste, and optimising our storage and distribution activities.
TFP leverages the latest technological and digital innovations which allows us to improve our processes and deliver on our objectives for all stakeholdersble
Being established as a B-Corporation, according to its corporate bylaws, TFP supports a number of sustainable initiatives and projects .
TFP pays close attention to the Goals of Global Agenda 2030 (ONU).
TREES: TFP WATCHES HELP to PLANT TREES
Among the infinite ways that Nature adopts to mark the passage of time, the production of the tree growth rings is particularly fascinating. The first description came from the genius of Leonardo da Vinci, a very famous son of the Tuscany, in which TFP has its roots.
A key sustainable initiative is the reforestation of the Planet: TFP collaborates with specialized operators to plant trees, whose benefits on the one hand compensate for the production of CO2 and counteract deforestation, and on the other offer new job opportunities to the populations who are cultivating the trees.
Innovation & a sustainable product
TFP timepieces use recycled / recyclable / echo friendly materials:
– Case: it is made from metals which have an high percentage of recycled material, such as Steel, Bronze, …
– Dial: domed metallic dials whose colour is obtained from natural processes (i.e. oxidation) or from low impact varnishes (without the use of solvents).
– Straps: in selected vegetable tanned leathers (certified) in Tuscany. TFP doesn’t use materials arising from protected animal species in rubber of the highest quality, hypoallergenic and Made in Italy for diving and professional sport needs.
– Sapphire Glass: Top double domed sapphire glass, no use of plastic nor mineral glass (it is chemically treated).
– Automatic Mechanical Movement: each TFP watch has a Swiss mechanical automatic movement which works thanks to the kinetic energy generated by wrist movements. These are natural, infinite mechanisms, which use clean energy: a perfect example of circular economy. On the contrary quartz watches use batteries ( lithium ) which have a negative impact on environment.
– Packaging : the presentation box for the watch is minimalistic, but smart, made from recycled paper/ board which meet FSC certification , including using rejects from fruits or it is made of other recyclable materials.
Innovation & a sustainable supply chain
TFP timepieces reduce waste and rejects:
– Production: specific production methods are used, such as the metal casting, for the watch case in lost-wax casting, using longstanding craftsmanship techniques for precious materials, and using processes to minimize waste & rejected of materials, and so reducing energy consumption. Only the material required for the case is used, there are no shavings, no exhausted oils, nor do we need to use many hours of processing (typical of CNC machining) .
– Logistics: smart design of packaging reduces space requirements for shops or shippings, (this optimization is valid also for warehousing & containers).
– Ownership Documents: both TFP watch instructions and watch guarantee are in digital format, so avoiding the use of paper or of plastic.
– Advertising: advertising for both product and events will focus exclusively on digital solutions.
– Distribution: large use of digital channels, shortening distribution chain (thus reducing CO2 emissions), to reach a selected number of retailers. According to specific segmentation criteria, retailers will have different level of contribution (Corner, Shop). Consumers will be reached also thanks to dedicated initiatives (i.e. TFP Ambassador and Partners).